THE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER™
is a one-step approach project control system,
which reduces the amount of data entry that is
required to create all necessary project correspondence.
For example, you only need to type the body of
a letter or fax memo. All other data is selected
from editable drop-down lists or keystroke shortcuts.
From correspondence data entry it creates outstanding
issue logs effortlessly and promotes increased
project control and a pro-active management position.
This software package performs the following functions
to support project administration for General
Contractors, Mechanical and Electrical Contractors,
and Construction Management firms. All layouts
and forms can be tailored to fit your needs or
company policies and procedures.
The Contact Manager stores information about
all companies and contact persons you work with,
including Owners, Architects, Subcontractors,
- Automatic Information To Project file -
The Contact Manager is utilized by all of
the Project Management files. When you select
the company's Vendor Number from a drop-down
list, the Company name, address, city, state,
zip code, phone numbers, and contact person
- FAX and Mail Invitations to Bid - For FAX
and mail subcontract bid solicitation the
program creates a phone book for printing
of bid cards or faxing through a modem.
- Mailing Labels and Envelopes - Labels and
envelopes are created for mailings. Layouts
can be added to fit your label printing method
or to fit any Avery standard form.
- Unlimited Contact Reports - The Contact
Manager can be sorted or found by any field
or multiple fields to generate special reports.
- Mass Mailing Letters - For Marketing letters
to prospective clients, company announcements
or any other large mailing. Find the Companies
you want to send to and merge your letter
to create a personalized letter to each recipient.
PROJECT INFORMATION DATABASE
This Data Base tracks all project information
for marketing, estimating, historical bids,
projects in progress, and completed projects.
- Automatic Information to Project files -
When you select the Project Number from a
drop-down list in any project file, it imports
all of the information about that project
to reduce data entry time required.
- Marketing and Business development - Reports
and forms are provided to track all Marketing
leads and follow-up calls.
- Subcontract Faxed Bid Invitations - Faxed
invitations for bids can be sent through your
- Subcontractor Mailed Bid Invitations - Bid
information is printed on 4"x6"
post cards and printed through your form feed
- Construction Release Information - Form
is generated to advise the Accounting Department
of the contract type and specific billing,
bonding, and sales tax information.
- Bid and Performance Bond Request Form -
A bond request form is generated to send to
your bonding company.
- Pre-Qualification Project Lists - Automatic
reports are generated for attachment to the
contractor's pre-qualification statement AIA
305 showing completed projects and also current
projects in progress lists.
This section of the program produces Computer
generated and printed Subcontract Agreements
and Purchase Orders. Your custom Subcontract
and Purchase Orders can be added into the system.
- Subcontractor Scope of Work Attachment -
To generate a detailed Scope of Work description.
- Subcontract Scope of Work Library - Stores
Scope of Work checklist for all spec sections
to copy and paste to Scope of Work Attachment.
- Change Orders - Computer generated and printed
Subcontract/Vendor change orders.
- Subcontractor/Vendor Report - which shows
original contract amounts, change orders to
date, current contract amount, scope of work,
and all pertinent subcontract information.
This report is an excellent way to convey
the scope of work and subcontract information
to your Project team.
- Subcontractor/Vendor Listing - shows the
spec section of work, Subcontractor's name,
address, phone, mobile, pager, and fax numbers.
This listing is utilized to submit to the
owner and architect and as a contact list
for the project team.
- Subcontractor/Vendor check-off list - tracks
the return of contracts, bonds, certificates
of insurance, affidavits, material safety
data sheets and final lien waivers. This form
is used by the Project Team to log the return
of all documents.
- Subcontract/Vendor Accounting Summary -
that shows the original contract amount and
all change orders to date with the revised
- Letters of Intent - Issues Letters of Intent
- Sample Certificate of Insurance - Project
specific sample ACCORD Certificate of Insurance
form is computer generated.
- Contract Document Exhibit - clearly lists
the contract documents that are included in
the Subcontract Agreement so there is no misunderstanding
about the documents that constitute the Scope
- Project Information Exhibit - The Project
Information Manual, conveys specific project
information to the Subcontractors and can
be utilized as a meeting agenda for the pre-construction
meeting with the Subcontractors and Material
- Subcontractor Payment Forms - The program
creates Subcontractor Pay Application forms
similar to AIA G702 and G703. You can specify
the required contract breakdown, calculate
unit costs, and create a Unit Cost report.
- Subcontractor Affidavits - form for Subcontractors
to identify second tier subcontractors and
material suppliers, for prevention of second
tier project liens, and improved control of
material fabrication and delivery.
- Final Release and Guarantee - Final Lien
Waiver Release and Guarantee form for Subcontractors
and Suppliers to sign and return.
- Avery 5161 Mail Labels and Envelopes -
Sheets of mailing labels can be used for mailing
shop drawings and other large items, or envelopes
can be printed.
- File Folder Labels - Print file folder labels
and hanging file folder labels for all subcontractor
and supplier files.
COST ISSUES AND OWNER CHANGE ORDERS
This section of the program tracks all cost
issues between the Contractor and the Owner.
- Requests For Proposals From Subcontractors
- Generates a Request For Proposal (RFP) to
send to all Subcontractors affected by the
cost issue requesting a price quotation.
- Requests For Proposal (List Report) - Tracks
all Subcontractor responses to RFP to make
sure that all price quotations are received
- Proposal Quotation Estimate - Provides Estimating
Forms to estimate Subcontractor costs and
self performed work categories for Labor,
Material, Equipment, and Other.
- Quotations to Architect and Owner - Generates
a Proposal Quotation to the Architect and
Owner for review and approval.
- Proposal Cover Letter - Generates a Cover
Letter for your Proposal Quotation to specify
the terms and conditions of your proposal.
- Accounting Reports with Cost Codes - Generates
a report to submit to the Accounting Department
showing the breakdown of the Proposal Quotation
with cost codes for each cost item to update
the Accounting Project Budget.
- Owner Change Orders - By simply selecting
from a pop-up list the Project Number and
Proposal Quote Numbers the program generates
an Owner/Contractor Change Order for signature
by the Contractor, Architect, and Owner showing
the revised contract amount and revised completion
date. Owner/Contractor Change Orders can also
be printed on an AIA G701.
- Cost Issues and Owner Change Order List
Reports - Pending cost issue reports to expedite
resolution of Pending Cost Issues. Also Approved
Change Order reports are generated showing
the revised contract amount and revised completion
- Notification of Pending Cost Issues to Architect
or Owner - Automatically generates a correspondence
to the Architect or Owner showing all Pending
Cost Issues and the quotation expiration date.
This form provides a location to indicate
the anticipated Response Date and sign, date,
PAY APPLICATIONS TO OWNER
This section of the program calculates and
generates the monthly Pay Application to the
Owner on the standard AIA G702 (1992 Version)
and continuation sheets similar to G703 Pay
Application forms. It also includes cover letters,
and partial and final lien waivers.
- Accounts Receivable Log - Tracks receipt
of all payments, calculates amount past due,
and shows payment history.
- Link Digital Photos - Link progress photos
to your Pay Application to document completed
This section of the program schedules and manages
all required submittals including shop drawings,
catalog cuts, samples, owner stock materials,
warranties and O&M manuals.
- Preparing a Procurement Schedule - Prior
to start of construction, all required submittals
including close-out documents can be extracted
from the Project Specifications and entered
into the system. All submittals are assigned
to a Subcontractor and a required submittal,
approval and delivery date of materials is
identified. This Procurement Schedule can
then be submitted to the Architect for approval
and distributed to each Subcontractor showing
only their required submittals. This information
is then utilized by the Program to create
the Transmittals to be sent to the Architect,
Owner, or Engineers for approval and the return
Transmittals to the Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Notification to Subcontractor and Vendors
of Submittal Requirements - Automatically
generates a correspondence to go to all Subcontractors
and Vendors notifying them of their Submittal
Requirements, showing required Submittal Date,
anticipated Approval Date, Fabrication Duration
Allowed, and required Delivery Date.
- Submittal Listing Reports - Submittal Listing
Reports can be generated sorted by Spec Section
or by Subcontractor Name. Some of the reports
include All Submittals Pending the Architect
and Engineer's response, Submittals that are
currently late from Subcontractors, and reports
sorted by Submittal Due Date so that you can
anticipate the required submittals for each
- Notification to Subcontractor's and Vendors
of Late Submittals - Automatically generates
a correspondence to go to all Subcontractors
who are currently late in submitting shop
drawings. This form provides a location for
the Subcontractor to identify the anticipated
Submittal Date and sign, date, and return
- Notification of Submittals overdue from
the Architect/Engineer - Automatically generates
a list of submittals beyond the required approval
date. This form provides a location for the
Architect to indicate anticipated return date
and sign, date, and return the form.
- Document Delays - If the Subcontractor is
late in submitting shop drawings or the Architect
is late in returning shop drawings, the delay
is documented so that you can determine who
is responsible for the delay and take appropriate
REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION
This section of the program generates Requests
For Information to the Architect, Owner, Engineers,
or Subcontractor with an area for response and
return. It also generates a return correspondence
to the Subcontractor or Supplier who initiated
the Request For Information, showing action
- Automatic RFI Listing - A Request For Information
listing showing the current status of all
RFI's, and documents the number of days the
response is late.
- Pending RFI Listing - Shows only Pending
RFI's to send to the Architect and Owner,
or bring to your progress meetings for discussion.
- Notification of RFI's not Returned - Automatically
creates a correspondence to Architect or Owner
for RFI's that have not been returned. This
form provides a location to indicate the anticipated
Return Date, and sign, date, and return the
- E-mailing of RFI's - Simply click a button
and you can send an RFI via E-mail. The response
to the originator of the RFI can also be sent
- Link Digital Photos - Snap a digital photo
to document a field problem, then link and
send with your RFI.
This section of the program generates Project
and Non-Project Transmittals to track outgoing
- Automatic Transmittal Listing - A Transmittal
listing provides a record for quick, easy
reference, and a history of outgoing correspondence
sorted by date or company name.
- Non-Project Transmittal - A separate section
generates Non-Project and Pre-Award Transmittals.
- Response Due Date and Days Late - Simply
enter the number of days allowed for response
and a status of Awaiting Response is assigned.
Late responses are documented by calculating
the number of days late.
LETTERS, FAXES, E-MAILS, MEMOS, AND PHONE CONVERSATION
This section of the program generates project
and non-project letters, FAX memorandums, e-mail,
interoffice memos, and phone conversation records
to document outgoing correspondence and assign
a response due date.
- Letters - Prints one, two, or three page
Letters on Company letterhead.
- FAX Memorandums, Interoffice Memos, and
Phone Conversation Records - Generates correspondence
that can be electronically sent through your
modem by simply changing the specified printer
to your FAX software.
- E-Mail - Simply click a button and your
correspondence is sent via e-mail.
- Letters and Memorandums List Report - Creates
report showing all outgoing correspondence
sorted by Date Sent or by Company Sent To.
- Overdue Response Report - This report shows
all Letters and Memorandums where a response
is overdue. This report can be viewed on the
screen and shows the Company and Phone Number,
Subject, Action Required, and Due Date so
that you can make follow-up calls.
- Built-in Word Processing - With the text
toolbar you can set tabs, change fonts, justification,
underline, bold or italicize and spell check
quickly and easily.
- Link Digital Photos - Link, print and send
digital photos with your correspondence.
DAILY FIELD REPORTS
This section of the program documents all field
- Documents Daily Job site activities and
creates Summary Reports as follows:
· Weather Conditions and Working Conditions
· Company Personnel, Manpower, and Progress
· Subcontractor's Manpower and Progress Report
· Material Deliveries
· Phone Conversation Records
· Visitors to Project Site
· Contract Extras/Back charges/Delays
· General Comment Area to document Safety,
Quality, Inspections, etc.
- Subcontractor Manpower Report - This report
shows daily totals for all Subcontractors
and Project Totals for all Subcontractors.
This information can be utilized to generate
productivity rates for Subcontractors for
scheduling future projects.
- Summary Reports - A list report can be printed
for any of the items listed in (a) above.
- Link Digital Photos - Link Daily Progress
Photos to your reports.
This section of the program documents all Project
- Creates Project Meeting Minutes for all
of your meetings including the following:
· Owner/Architect · Contractor/Subcontractor
· Safety Meetings · Contractor Progress Meetings
· Staff Meetings · Foremen's Progress Meetings
· User defined Meetings · Pre-construction
- Open Items From Previous Meeting Report
- Creates a report showing all Open Items
from Previous Meeting to discuss and resolve
- Identifies Action Required - For each Item
you can assign a Person Responsible to take
action, and an Action Due Date.
- Project Meeting Historical Report - This
historical report shows all of your meetings,
meeting numbers, meeting date and time, and
author of meeting.
This section is designed to expedite project
closeout and completion of punch list items.
- Notification to Subcontractors of Punch
list Requirements - Creates a Notification
to Subcontractors showing only their punch
list requirements. This Notification includes
a location for Subcontractors to indicate
the actual date the punch list item was completed
and a location to sign and date the Notification
and return it to you so that you know the
items are ready for re-inspection.
- Room Punch list Report - This report can
be posted in each room showing all punch list
items required to be completed in that room,
sorted by Subcontractor. This report includes
locations for the Subcontractor to indicate
the date and initial when the item was completed.
There are also locations for the Contractor
and Architect/Owner's Representative to indicate
the date and initial when the item was re-inspected
- Follow-up Notifications to Subcontractors
- After the first reinspection a Follow-up
Notification can be sent to each Subcontractor
showing the remaining items that still need
to be completed.
- Link Digital Photos - Link, print, and send
digital photos with Punch list Items.
SUB/VENDOR BID EVALUATION
This section is designed to evaluate all Subcontractor
and Supplier bids. From a pop-up list you select
the spec section bid and the Subcontractor or
Vendor Name. You then enter a budget amount,
bid amount, comments, exclusions and inclusions.
- Bid Evaluation Report - On negotiated, design
build, or construction management projects
you can print a Bid Evaluation Report for
review with the Owner and/or Architect, showing
all bids received, sorted by spec section
from low bid to high bid.
- Selecting Subcontractors and Suppliers for
Award of Contract - Click a radio button to
select the Subcontractors and Suppliers that
will receive award of a contract agreement.
- Original Sub/Vendor Bid Variance Report
- After selecting the Subcontractors and Suppliers
that will receive a contract you can print
a Variance Report showing gains and losses
against each spec section.
- Importing Awarded Subcontractors and Suppliers
to the Subcontractor/Vendor File - In order
to save time writing subcontracts and purchase
orders you can import your awarded list to
the Subcontractor/Vendor file.
To improve Quality Control this section will
create Noncompliance Notifications to Subcontractors
or Trade Contractors for noncompliance with
plans, specifications, safety, schedule, etc.
- Sending Noncompliance Notifications to Subcontractors
and Suppliers - A Noncompliance Notification
is printed to send to Subcontractors or Suppliers
indicating the action required and action
due date. A place is provided on this form
to enter their response, the date, and their
signature before the notification is returned
- Pending Noncompliance Report - You can print
a Pending Noncompliance Report and utilize
this report as a reinspection checklist, or
to make follow-up calls to Subcontractors
- Link Digital Photos - You can link Digital
Photos to the Notification of Noncompliance
for printing and sending with the notification.
HOTLIST OF PENDING ISSUES
With one click of the mouse create a list of
all Pending Project Issues including the following:
- Letters, Faxes, E-mails not responded to
- RFI's not returned
- Submittals not returned from Approver
- Submittals not received from Subcontractors
- Cost Issues pending approval
- Cost Issues not priced by Subcontractors
- Transmittals requiring a response
- Subcontracts and Purchase Orders not returned
- Notifications of Noncompliance pending completion
- Pending Issues List Report - The Pending
Issues List Report can be used as a "To
Do" List for Project Managers, or
as a quick project status report for Division
Managers and Vice Presidents. This report
can be sorted by the company responsible
to respond, the item type, or date due.
- Notification of Overdue Pending Issues
- With one click of the mouse create a
Notification of Overdue Pending Issues
to each project team member that has not
responded on time. For example, this allows
you to send a single correspondence to
the Architect that would show all Letters,
RFI's, Submittals, or Cost Issues that
are pending his response.
This section will manage all Warranty Work
during the Warranty Period on all of your projects.
When a Warranty call is received from the Owner
it is assigned from a pop-up list to the Subcontractor
or Supplier responsible for the repair. A Warranty
Notification is then printed and issued to the
Subcontractor or Supplier. This form contains
areas for the responsible party to enter the
work completed and the date completed and return
the form to your office.
- Open Warranty Items Report - An Open Warranties
Item Report can be printed, sorted by project,
date due, Subcontractor or Supplier, or the
type of the Warranty Item. This report can
be used to make follow-up calls and for reinspection
of Warranty Items.
- Track Warranty History to Reduce Future
Warranty Callbacks - The Warranty File stores
all Warranty Items on all projects, therefore,
you can sort them by Warranty Type, or Subcontractor/Supplier
Name to determine if there are any repeating
trends of Warranty Items that can be eliminated
in the future by improving quality control.
- Link Digital Photos - You can link digital
photos of the Warranty Items for printing
and sending to Subcontractors and Suppliers.
You can also store photos of the completed
PROJECT BUDGET/JOB COST VARIANCE REPORT
This section of the program allows you to enter
a complete construction budget or import it
from your estimating software. Subcontracts,
Purchase Orders, and Change Orders will automatically
be entered as committed costs and compared with
the budget to reflect a gain or a loss for each
- Subcontractor/Vendor Variance Report - After
writing your Subcontracts and Purchase Orders
on your project you can print a Subcontractor/Vendor
Variance Report showing the budget, original
contract amount, variance on each line item,
and a total project variance.
- Job Cost Variance Report - Print a complete
Job Cost Variance Report to issue to Owners
and/or Architects on construction management,
negotiated, or design build project. For General
Contract Lump Sum Projects the Job Cost Variance
Report can be used to report profit projections.